Steps to add AudioEye to your website (without Website Builder)
- Log in to GoDaddy
- Open the editor for your site’s Footer
- Copy your AudioEye Site Code from the Install Directly option on the Installation page in the AudioEye Portal
- Paste your AudioEye Site Code into the Footer
- Save your changes
- Navigate back to the Installation page in the AudioEye Portal
- Press the Verify Installation button to verify that installation was successful
- Locate the AudioEye Visual Toolkit icon on your website:
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for data to appear in your Dashboard.
Steps to add AudioEye to your website (with Website Builder)
Unfortunately, GoDaddy Website Builder does not currently support site-wide custom scripts, however, it is possible to install custom scripts on individual pages. To get around the site-wide limitation, you can install AudioEye onto every page where it should be installed (one at a time).
Select a page under Site Navigation and add a custom HTML section
- Click on the + button (which turns into + Add Section on hover)
- This opens a sidebar with options for section type
- Select Files & Web to expand that folder of section types
- Select HTML
- Press the Add button on the HTML section on the right side
Copy the following template and paste it into the Custom Code box within the HTML section
- Navigate to the Google Tag Manager option on the Installation page in the AudioEye Portal
- Copy your AudioEye Site ID
- Paste your AudioEye Site ID to replace the words "SITE_HASH" (this means you'll delete SITE_HASH and paste in your Site ID in its place)
Set the Forced Height to 1 pixels so that the script tag will be rendered
Leave the Title input blank to avoid seeing unwanted text in the published page
Press the Done button at the top of the HTML section
Press the Publish button to save your changes
Press the View Site button to verify that AudioEye was installed on that one page
- Repeat all steps for each individual page on your website to ensure AudioEye is installed on all the pages on your website
Still Having Trouble?
If you are still having trouble installing, consider the following:
- You may have limited permissions on your platform. You may need to contact your development team to install AudioEye. You can also send the installation instructions to your development team directly from the AudioEye Portal.
- You may just want to hop on a call with our team to walk through it together. To do this, you can submit a request to our support team.