AudioEye provides a full suite of solutions to help respond to ADA claims. If an ADA-related lawsuit was filed against your company, consult with your legal counsel and contact your insurance carrier. You may succeed in keeping legal costs to a minimum by familiarizing yourself with the nature of the threats, embracing the reality of the legal landscape, and taking the steps suggested below:
- The first step is to consult with your lawyer and contact AudioEye about the demand letter, complaint, or lawsuit you’ve received. For Legal Support inquiries, contact your account manager or visit www.audioeye.com/request-legal-support-services/.
- The second step is to provide AudioEye with relevant materials or details for the legal services engagement. A Custom Response or Debunk Report to the demand letter or lawsuit will be provided by AudioEye within 14 days, if requested.
- AudioEye may prepare the following documents in response to a lawsuit or demand letter:
- Sustainable Testing & Remediation (STAR) Plan — A summary plan detailing the actions that AudioEye takes on your behalf, providing proof of your ongoing commitment toward ADA accessibility standards.
- Custom Response / Debunk Report — AudioEye addresses factual claims in the Claimant Statement. This is included for customers who purchase our Legal Support. If you are unsure if you’ve purchased Legal Support, reach out to your account manager. To request a Custom Response, please send us what you’ve received.
Work with your legal counsel to determine how to respond with the documentation prepared by AudioEye or if you need to provide the claimant with additional information. After this, please share the outcome of your case with your point of contact at AudioEye.
Potential outcomes include:
Proceeding with Litigation
Other (please specify)
We understand legal issues are sensitive and you may be limited in what you are willing or able to share. If you are prevented from sharing because your organization requires a mutual non-disclosure agreement (MNDA) to be in place first, please reach out to your AudioEye contact and we will facilitate it.
Disclaimer: The recommendations here do not, and are not intended to, constitute legal advice. AudioEye encourages you to engage and consult with your own legal counsel in responding to any letter or lawsuit.
End-to-end legal support with AudioEye Assurance
AudioEye Assurance is our guarantee that the work we do will be compliant now and into the future. We stand behind our solution and actually pay out a set amount per page that’s covered by us. We will also match any competitor guarantee under the same terms that they use, on top of our own guarantee. To add AudioEye Assurance to your plan, please contact your account manager.
What you receive with AudioEye Assurance:
- Custom legal response: Our team of legal experts will analyze claims for validity and assist you in responding line-by-line to your demand letter or legal request.
- Industry-best payout: We provide real coverage for each page we guarantee, should a legitimate issue result in legal cost.
- Ongoing support: We apply custom fixes to any new issues found during audits, and share results so you can show consistent progress toward accessibility.