Section 508, an amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, mandates that all electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained, or used by the federal government be accessible to people with disabilities, including employees and members of the public. Specifically, the rule references WCAG 2.0 Level AA success criteria and applies them not only to websites, but also to electronic documents and software.
Articles in this section
- What is the Rehabilitation Act of 1973?
- What is Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973?
- What is Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973?
- What is the "Section 508 Refresh"?
- Who needs to be Section 508 Compliant?
- How do I become Section 508 compliant?
- How does Section 508 impact state and municipal government entities?
- What part of the Rehabilitation Act applies to K-12 Schools?
- If my state does not require compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, am I still required to present an accessible site?
- What Technologies are Included in Section 508?