As it relates to digital accessibility, “conformance” refers to the conformance of digital materials with ADA-related digital accessibility requirements. The level of conformance required is dependent on the company and industry. For example, places of public accommodation such as banks, grocery stores, amusement parks, etc., are required to make their digital content fully accessible, using WCAG 2.0 Level AA as the standard.
Articles in this section
- What is digital accessibility?
- What does "digital accessibility compliance" mean?
- What does it take to be digitally accessible?
- How can I demonstrate my site’s commitment to compliance?
- What are the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)?
- What is WCAG compliance?
- How can you test for WCAG compliance?
- Who needs to follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)?
- What does "conformance" mean?
- Common misconceptions about digital accessibility.